The taste of this cake will take you to the clouds. It is such a fluffy cake that it will be like giving one big bite to a lemon cloud. Cardamom gives the ideal touch to this recipe. Share a piece of this cake, and you will win the hearts of your neighbors.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease one 8.5-inch x 4.25-inch x 2.5-inch loaf pan well, sprinkle flour into it and then shake out the excess.
3. In a large bowl, combine the flour, the sugar, the cardamom, and the salt. Without mixing and once the mix is light and fluffy, add – in this order-, the butter, the egg yolks, the lemon juice, and the lemon zest.
4. Mix all the ingredients until obtaining a smooth and creamy-looking mass. Add the vanilla extract and the baking powder.
5. Fill the mixture into the loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes. Burma Tip: Insert a toothpick and if it comes out clean, then the cake is ready to be served.
6. Let cool and unmold with the help of a spatula.
7. Decorate with lemon slices.