• 175g butter at room temperature or 80 gr of sunflower oil
• 4 or 5 cardamom pods or one teaspoon of ground cardamom. If you are going to use our green cardamom pods, you must crush them in a pestle and mortar.
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 180 gr of flour
• The zest of one lemon
• 150 gr of lemon juice
• 180 gr of sugar
• 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
• A pinch of salt
The taste of this cake will take you to the clouds. It is such a fluffy cake that it will be like giving one big bite to a lemon cloud. Cardamom gives the ideal touch to this recipe. Share a piece of this cake, and you will win the hearts of your neighbors.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease one 8.5-inch x 4.25-inch x 2.5-inch loaf pan well, sprinkle flour into it and then shake out the excess.
3. In a large bowl, combine the flour, the sugar, the cardamom, and the salt. Without mixing and once the mix is light and fluffy, add – in this order-, the butter, the egg yolks, the lemon juice, and the lemon zest.
4. Mix all the ingredients until obtaining a smooth and creamy-looking mass. Add the vanilla extract and the baking powder.
5. Fill the mixture into the loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes. Burma Tip: Insert a toothpick and if it comes out clean, then the cake is ready to be served.
6. Let cool and unmold with the help of a spatula.